install windows on mac
How To Install Windows On MacFor a long time, Microsoft Windows and Apple OS were mutually exclusive that could not be installed on the same computer. With Apples BootCamp software, users can install Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 operating systems on a Mac computer.
Currently, BootCamp is downloadable from Apples website at version 4.0 with separate versions for MacBook Pro and iMac and the installation will explain how to install windows on mac. Installation and Configuration Microsoft Windows is installed on its own partition on a Mac hard disk.
This partition is created using the BootCamp software that allocates a part of the hard disk space for the installation of Windows XP or Windows 7. Before a user can install Microsoft Windows on the Mac, Mac OS needs to have BootCamp downloaded and installed.
Mac OSX comes with BootCamp pre-installed and it can be found in the Applications folder. Before commencing the installation, a user must have a copy of the Mac OSX drivers and setup disk and Windows setup disk.
Here are the steps that will guide a user as to how to install Windows on Mac 1. Insert the Windows OS installation disk. 2. Open the Applications folder, and under the Utilities subfolder, click BootCamp Assistant.
3. Click continue on the introduction screen and on the second screen allocate the amount of space that Windows requires by dragging the partition column with the mouse pointer. 4. Click start installation and the system should reboot to the Windows installation screen.
5. On the windows installation, accept the license screen terms. 6. On the installation type selection screen, choose a Custom installation.
7. The drive for windows installation will be labeled BOOTCAMP. Select the BOOTCAMP partition.
Format the partition and install Windows on the partition. 8. The system will load the Windows OS and if necessary, connect to the internet and install any hotfixes for hardware.
9. From Windows Explorer or from My Computer eject the Windows OS installation disk. 10. Insert the Mac OS DVD, open the BootCamp folder, and run the setup file.
11. Install the Apple Software Update for Windows or download them from the Apple website. 12. Install downloaded updates after the system restarts.
This completes the installation of Windows on your Mac system. On restart, Windows and Mac will appear as boot options at startup allowing the user to choose which operating system the computer boots up into.
Powered by Website Traffic | Google | Bing | Yahoo
Install Windows On Mac